Alaska Climbing by Joseph Puryear
All the hard work has finally paid off. Here it is - a select full-color guide to 30 of the best climbing routes in the Central Alaska Range. Tons of information, history, and beta on climbing in North America's premier alpine-climbing destination. Includes 150 color photos from around the range, many with route overlays. Check out the latest in climbing topo design using color and intimate detail to differentiate snow, ice, rock, and mixed terrain in an easy to read format. Click here for more info and to read the great reviews!
Praise for Alaska Climbing:
"This guide is the first book to give really good details on the classic routes and just became essential reading for anyone planning a trip to the US’s most Northerly State."
- Andy Saxby, UKClimbing.com, Read the full review
"If the Alaska Range is on your list, this is your guide! Puryear's vast experience backed with SuperTopo lead the way."
- Mike Gauthier, Author, Mount Rainier, a climbing guide
"Don't leave home without it! Joe pulled together the legendary classic routes and put them all in one easy to read book. It's my new tick list for the Alaska Range.”
-Jared Ogden, Top Alpinist
“Rarely do guidebooks offer such extensive first-hand knowledge. Joe’s expertise clearly shows in the detailed route descriptions, photos and topos as well as the general information and strategies for climbing in North America’s alpine mecca.”
- Kelly Cordes, Senior Editor, American Alpine Journal
"The SuperTopo guidebook you are holding will motivate you and help select a climb. Use it as a tool to inspire and plan... May the following pages allow you to unleash your inner quest for adventure."
-from the foreword by Conrad Anker
Whether looking to climb Denali’s West Buttress or scale a wall in the Ruth Gorge, Alaska Climbing is the book to take you there. Author Joseph Puryear’s result of 15 years of Alaska Range climbing and research is the most detailed information ever for the region’s best climbs. Included are routes for all abilities from moderate snow climbs to the difficult testpieces of the range. Each climb gets detailed photo-diagrams, in-depth strategy, camping info, retreat beta, and first ascent history. Detailed color topos and maps bring these climbs to life.
● Complete route profiles for 30 mega-classic snow, ice, mixed, and rock climbs
● First ever published topos for many climbs including Mt. Foraker’s Infinite Spur, Mt. Huntington’s Harvard Route, and Peak 11,300
● Inside knowledge on how to travel in Alaska, where to stay, and what to bring
● Critical information on how to stay alive in the Alaska Range
● Over 150 recent color photos from the area’s top mountaineering photographers
● Suggestions for other area climbs and proposals for new climbs
Check my website for purchasing info and to get a personally signed copy: